Tropical Paradise with a strong colonial flavour If you want to have an enjoyable holiday, discover a totally different island world with a magical Afro-Portuguese influence.
10 REASONS TO VISIT SAO TOMÉ AND PRÍNCIPE
1. The deserted white beaches.
2. Spot some of the 135 species of birds detected.
3. Dolphin and Whale watching at certain times of the year.
4. Hells Mouth (or Boca del Inferno). A natural phenomenon caused when the waves finds their way in to a narrow ravine that ends in a cave with a hole in the roof. The water is then forced up through the hole and creates a cascade of water that shoots up into the air.
5. Practice sport fishing on the Atlantic Ocean.
6. Discover the Portuguese plantation houses and their colonial past.
7. The Museum of San Sebastian, an old fortress that hosts a religious art collections and artefacts from the colonial times.
8. Scuba diving can be practiced on these islands. It’s great in the Bom Bom Island.
9. Sao Tomé’s Volcano Peak; climb up from sea level to the 2024 meters high ancient volcano peak.
10. Praia Jalé (beach) and observe its giant sea turtles.