AFRICA IN MINIATURE
Often referred to as “Africa in miniature,” Cameroon is one of the most diverse countries in Africa, hosting a myriad of ethnic and language groups, truly varied climatic and geographical conditions, and fascinating traditional culture and history. From the Sahara to the equatorial grasslands to the highest mountain in West Africa, Cameroon is also full of wonderful, welcoming people. What often sets Cameroonians apart from even other Africans is their zest for life and their open curiosity regarding people from other parts of the world.
10 REASONS TO VISIT CAMEROON
- Its enormous scenic diversity (sea side, mangroves, jungle, mountains, highlands and desert).
- Its security (Cameroon is a politically stable country since many decades with a warm and welcoming population).
- It hosts some of the most amazing and ancient cultures like the Baka and Badgeli pygmies in the Eastern jungle, the nomadic Mbororos on the Adamawa and North provinces, the animist Komas in the Alantika Mountains, but also Bantues, Kom and many more.
- The traditional chiefdoms that survive in the volcanic West and the Sahel North.
- The still existing ancient traditions, colourful festivals, arts, crafts and artistic expressions throughout the whole country.
- The large quantity of animals to be found in the different National Parks (big sea-turtles, gorillas, chimps, antelope, the big five, wart hogs etc.).
- Mount Cameroon; the highest peak (4080 mts) in West / Central Africa
- The treks around the Alantika and Mandara mountains, the Bamenda highlands and Manengouba volcanoes (beautiful landscape and stunning views).
- After an interesting and intensive trip relax at Kribi or Limbe beach offering excellent sea-food and a great selection of fresh tropical fruits.
- Still today Cameroon is an unknown country for the (western) traveller.